VISION and MISSION STATEMENT
A united, responsive and prosperous agricultural sector in balance with nature.
Unlocking the full potential of agriculture to enhance the economic, ecological and social wealth of all the people of the Western Cape through:
- Encouraging sound stakeholder engagements;
- Promoting the production of affordable, nutritious, safe and accessible food, fibre and agricultural products;
- Ensuring sustainable management of natural resources;
- Executing cutting edge and relevant research and technology development;
- Developing, retaining and attracting skills and human capital;
- Providing a competent and professional extension support service;
- Enhancing market access for the entire agricultural sector;
- Contributing towards alleviation of poverty and hunger, and
- Ensuring transparent and effective governance.