Hortfin is a ring-fenced loan facility directed at the deciduous fruit industry value chain. It aims to provide innovative and comprehensive financing and support systems in a manner that promotes job creation, transformation and sustainability.
- Orchard establishment.
- Production finance/working capital.
- Equipment and movable assets.
- Equity investment to increase black ownership is linked to expansion.
- The application must relate to the deciduous fruit value chain within the pome, stone, table and wine grapes industries.
- Be able to create sustainable permanent and seasonal jobs within the 3 year implementation period at an approximate cost of R300 000 per job.
- Be at least 51% black-owned or reach 51% black ownership within 3 years.
- Must be a “juristic person” in the form of a company, trust or cooperative.
- The business must have the ability to meet the repayment obligations.
- Must consent to appropriate post-investment support, which includes mentoring, capacity building, reporting, implementation of financial and admin systems and regular monitoring and evaluation audits.
- The loan size varies from R2.5 million to R35 million.
- Interest rates in the range of prime less 2% to prime plus 1% depending on the risk profile.
|Location||Physical address||Contact number|
258 Main road
|Tel: 021 870 2900
Alternatively, you can visit: www.hortfin.com