The Western Cape Department of Agriculture respects and protects your privacy. Our Privacy Notice applies to all persons (both natural and juristic, like companies and close corporations) whose personal information we collect, regardless of form and medium. This includes our employees, consultants, agents, service providers and municipal delegates. The Privacy Notice applies to all our services and related websites.
You must read this notice together with the rules for using our website (including our disclaimer), our copyright license and any other notices and policies that may apply to you. (For example, the WCG IT End User Policy).
In addition to this general notice, we may need to explain specific privacy practices in more detail. In such circumstances, we develop and provide separate privacy notices to describe how we will handle the personal information that we collect. For example, where we ask you to provide personal information in relation to your employment or in a public submission to a policy proposal, we will provide you with a privacy notice at the time of collection or as soon as practicable afterwards. These privacy notices explain our personal information handling practices in relation to that particular purpose or activity.
This is a general notice that explains:
- Who we collect personal information from;
- What personal information we collect;
- Why we collect your personal information;
- How we use your personal information; and
- What rights you have in relation to your personal information.
This notice also explains:
- You can access the information we hold about you and ask for that information to be corrected; and
- You can make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information.