You are here:
Home: SUSTAINABLE RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
The purpose of this Programme is to pro-actively communicate and provide sustainable resource management plans and methodologies through the provision of agricultural engineering and LandCare services, facilitation and implementation of projects as well as technology transfer to our clients and partners.
- To promote the optimal and efficient use of agricultural water through technology transfer, support services, on-farm training and water conservation projects.
- To render a mechanisation planning service and to promote conservation agriculture through on-farm trails and demonstration blocks and the development of appropriate proto-type implements and equipment.
- To render a planning and engineering design service for on-farm value adding, for animal housing, animal handling and animal waste management, for river bank erosion protection structures and for infrastructure projects.
- To conserve the agricultural resources and the development of sustainable resource management farm plans and to implement LandCare projects.
- To render a specialist planning and engineering design service for river bank erosion protection structures.
- To render a planning and engineering design service for infrastructure projects.
- To assess damages, motivate for funding and manage disaster relief schemes in terms of Act 43 of 1983.