You are here:
Home: USEFUL LINKS
GOVERNMENTAL BODIES AND AGENCIES
- South African Grain Information Service - Sagis
Site includes weekly and monthly bulletins on Grain information, as well as useful links to crop estimates, import/export information, statistics, etc. The weekly bulletins are available on elsenburg.com, here.
- Winesource - www.winesource.co.za
Site contains links and information on the South African wine industry.
- CBI - http://www.cbi.eu/
The CBI is a Netherlands government agency, offering assistance to manufacturers and Business Support Organizations in developing countries in gaining access to the European Market. CBI’s main areas of competence are EU market information, training, export coaching and institutional development.
- European Market Information - http://www.cbi.eu/marketinfo
This database contains over 3,000 up-to-date market surveys, export manuals, fashion and design guides and information on market access requirements. It covers all EU member states for some 40 different product sectors relevant for developing countries.
- Database on European market access requirements - http://www.cbi.eu/marketinfo
This database contains information on EU buyers requirements (legislative and most relevant additional requirements) for some 40 product sectors and covers all EU member states. The requirements are selected, analysed and supported by websites for further information. Main issues covered: food safety legislation, product health and safety legislation, CE marking, limits of dangerous substances, labelling such as FSC, PMS and organic labels, codes of conduct on social standards and compliance and management systems such as BSCI, SA8000, ISO.
- SA Fruit Farms - www.safruitfarms.com:
South African Fruit Farms(SAFF),was formed two years ago and its core business is to bring producers,sellers and buyers togther. As SA fruits are sought after around the world, SAfruit farms helps you link to SA best fresh and dried fruit producers.
ENVIRONMENTAL, BIODIVERSITY LINKS
- WaterWatch - www.waterwatch.nl - WaterWatch is a scientific advisory firm that diagnoses historic and current water management practices across large irrigated river basins by means of satellite measurements.
- Discover Life - pick4.pick.uga.edu - A useful guide to declared invaders in South Africa.
- INCOMME - International Cooperative for the Management of Mediterranean-Slimate Ecosystems (INCOMME) - University of California Natural Reserve System
- Agri-Expo - www.agriexpo.co.za
Agri-Expo presents agricultural and related shows. Visit this website for more information and event calendars.
- The Southern African Society for Veterinary Epedemiology and Preventive Medicine - www.sasvepm.com
- International Society for Veterinary Epidemiology and Economics - www.isvee12.co.za
ALTERNATIVE FARMING LINKS
- Sustainable Fruit and Vine Study Group - www.sustainablefarm.co.za
The Sustainable Fruit and Vine Study Group was formed in May 2004 to investigate and discuss sustainable production methods. The study group endeavors to collect and disseminate information on sustainable agricultural practices. This is done by learning from each other, getting knowledgeable people to address members and by hosting seminars. Meetings are held once a month from May to November, normally on the last Monday of the month at 14h00 at Elsenburg.
WEBSITES OF INTEREST
Do you want to submit your website for inclusion on this links list? Please forward your website details to the webmaster - LieslM@elsenburg.com for consideration.