You are here:
Home:EXTERNAL BURSARY PROGRAMME
Bursaries are offered in the following study fields: Preference will be given to the identified scarce and critical skills of the Department and Agricultural Sector.
Bursary will cover:
- economics (agriculture)
- viticulture and oenology
- veterinary science
- animal health
- extension services
- agricultural biotechnology
- bioresource engineering
- food science and technology
- grassland science
- plant pathology
- soil science animal science
- horticulture and hydroponics
- agricultural technical services
- biological nitrogen fixation
- weed biocontrol science
Registration and tuition fees
Prescribed books requested by Educational Institution
Hostel fees and meals where required.
Awarding of bursaries will be advertised in Weekend and Local Community Newspapers annually, between August and September.
- Applicants must be South African citizens. Preference will be given to qualifying applicants from
historically disadvantaged youth residing in the Western Cape. Females and people with disabilities are
encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must complete the relevant bursary application form attached.
- Applicants must show proof of admission (provisional admission) to a higher education institution where
applied field of study is offered. Successful candidates will be expected to enter into a contractual
agreement with the Western Cape Department of Agriculture.
Download the External Bursary Application form here